As a premier US based cable assembly manufacturer, Precision Cable Assemblies (PCA) leads the way in battery cable assemblies for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). Our battery cable assemblies are designed to supply a continuous source of electrical power from the battery to peripherals and standard outlying electrical components in a system. Battery power delivery systems must be highly reliable regardless of environmental conditions.
For applications with higher electrical usage, battery cable harnesses are the proper way to organize and secure the many wires such electrical systems sometimes require. A battery cable harness/assembly secures the wires against the effects of vibrations, abrasions and moisture therefore reducing the risk of an electrical short.
Tapered Post Battery
- Tapered Post terminals available in Lead, Forged Bronze, and stamped Brass
- Lead Castings available with or without an internal Steel Reinforcement Ring
- Tin Plated Brass stamped terminals for wire gages from 6 through 2 gage (RoHS Compliant)
- Lead Cast Heads for wires ranging from 8ga to 4/0
- Multiple Configurations for multiple wires, side leads, 90° Flags, etc.
- Hardware options for multiple lengths, double headed nuts, and various plating options
- Heat Shrink and Covering Options tailored to meet your final product needs
Ring to Ring
- Copper and Brass Options as well as various plating combinations available
- Open Barrel Terminals for wire gages from 8ga to 2ga
- Closed Barrel Lug terminals from 8ga through 4/0ga
- Pico Style Crimp Capabilities for power connectors on opposite end of rings where needed
- Capabilities to crimp multiple wires in the same terminal
- Heavy duty pull test capabilities for large cables
- Tin Dip Capabilities for additional corrosion resistance and increased pull strength
- Various Covering Options (Ling to Wire Harness Coverings Page)
- Round and Flat wire options for ground straps
- Lead Cast, Stamped Thimble, Lug, and Open Barrel Terminal Options
- Braided copper stranding has no insulation for flexible routing and minimal space impact
- Lancing Lug Terminal for removal of Paint during connection to Chassis
- Co-Extruded battery cable wire in 8, 6, 4 and 2ga
- Options for printed and molded stripe marking to differentiate conductors
- Specialized cutting equipment for circuit slitting and specialized part design
- Coiling operations directly off cutting equipment
- Ideal option for small space requirements to transfer battery power through a vehicle
Fused Battery Cable Manufacturers
- In-line, fused battery cables are a great option when overloads are likely to become problematic. A complete line of in-line fuse holders can be specified as a part of any custom assembly request.
PCA provides battery cable assemblies for a wide range of harsh environment OEM applications such as:
- Battery Systems
- Construction Equipment
- Farm and Agriculture Equipment
- Lawn and Garden Equipment
- Marine Craft
- Over-the-Road (OTR) Vehicles/Semis
- Recreational Vehicles such as UTVs and ATVs
- Truck and Trailer Chassis Construction
PCA delivers a wide array of battery cable assemblies that are dependent on the client’s application and assembly topologies:
- Tapered Post Battery
- Ring to Ring
- Flat/Ground Straps
- Booster Cables
- Fused Battery Cables
With a large number of assembly combinations including wires, connectors, terminals, splices and protective coverings, PCA’s expert electrical, mechanical and industrial engineering staff’s main focus is proper component selection. Each battery and cable assembly is also manufactured to optimize space utilization, cost and quality of customers’ electromechanical system. To ensure proper wire connection, all battery cable assemblies undergo one hundred percent continuity testing.
From prototype to full production possibilities, simple and complex battery cable requirements, and custom molded component capability, PCA is equipped to provide OEMs with optimum end results.
Precision Cable Assemblies continues to be a cable assembly manufacturer that leads the way in conventional and custom battery cable assembly cables.
Contact Precision Cable Assemblies for their expert assistance in design and production of battery cable assemblies.