PCA custom molded cable assemblies and custom cable assemblies offer many advantages including durability, customization, and styling.
With our on-site injection molding equipment and design capabilities, we are able to provide a variety of molded terminal configurations. We will customize existing molds or design new ones to meet any wire harness specification. Common production requirements range from a single pin or receptacle to multi cavity molds and include parts that have a variety of colors or that must be produced at different temperatures. Custom molded cable assemblies also provide environmentally resistant seals at connection points.
- Typical Molding Colors are Red and Black, other options available
- Double Terminal options for retianed nut and/or static post
- Double End, Single End, and Center Terminal Options
- Confurations for single wire or multiple wire segments
- Standard and Custom retained boot options.
SAE Molded Plugs
- .156 and .180 Bullet and Receptacle Terminals
- Straight and 90° Configurations
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, & 8 pin standard SAE Mold configurations
- Molded Color Options
- Mating options to 2 and 3 pin configurations for overmolded diodes, TVS diodes, and resistors
- Insert capabilities for part number and component details
- Multiple shutoffs for various wire exit configurations
- Brass, Tinned Brass, Silver/Nickel Plating Options.
Customization and styling
- Custom molded connectors can be designed to meet most applications, typical designs allow the following features to be specified.
- Material Compounds (PVC, Thermoplastic Elastomers (Santoprene, Uniprene, etc.)
- Material Durometer
- IP Rating against dust/dirt/moisture
- Ergonomic and Style Factors
- Mating Force of terminals and molded connectors
- Keying Features to control Mating
- Temperature Requirments
- Terminals and Terminal Plating.
- Amperage rating and allowable gage ranges of wires in the Connector